[su_heading size=”17″]FANCY SOME “TINY – HOME DREAMING” WITH ME?[/su_heading]
Is it just me or do you too daydream of finding the perfect piece of real-estate to plonk your future shipping-container build on?? There’s been allot of chit chat in the media surrounding these builds of late… Some of it positive and some of it, understandably not so. Given the affordability of these style homes, have you ever considered whether your future holiday home by the beach or escape to the country, could be made possible through one of these clever builds??
Design wise, I am quite partial to a home that literally thinks outside of the square and now that we have a little more land here in Samford Valley, my hubby and I have some cute and crazy plans. We’re thinking a guest house or teenager ‘s retreat made out of a shipping-container is possibly on the cards. We are so keen we’ve even decided where our container build might go.
What inspires me most about shipping – container builds are the following;
- they’re a relatively inexpensive way to build a home, potentially making housing – affordability possible for those who normally could not manage to do so. That is so great! Reducing physical debt owed to banks would also be liberating and would no doubt make bunches of us, feel kind of chuffed.
- they’re an opportunity to create a purposeful and intelligent build where being creative with space, form and functionality would be a foremost consideration.
- a build can be as complicated or uncomplicated as you wish to make it! If you have a think about it… the very nature of a container build offers an opportunity to downsize and live simply.
- it’s a wonderful way to add an extension to your home without affecting your immediate day to day living.
- that it need not be a tiny space therefore considered un-spacious – living; container builds can be huge (see images below). And lastly
- oh boy, best not get me started on the many ideas I have already, to style it!
I do hope you have enjoyed this inspiration … I figure a spot of “tiny – home – dreaming” is harmless and if you do the math, it’s also possible that building your own container home is achievable too.
All photo credits can be found as per links provided.