Hello lovely people
How beautiful is this wallpapered felt wall by Submaterial ? I would totally use this wall as a feature in my home in a heartbeat… Would you? I particularly love that felt is a versatile fabric and is perfect for wall coverings, soft furnishings (like my round cushion tutorial) and wall hangings. I adore that its textural effect can be so beautifully subtle or a dramatic with a 3D edge.
I have been so inspired by this fabric of late that I have put together an easy felt wall-hanging tutorial for you below; I do hope that you’re feeling the crafty bug as they are super easy to do!
- Felt Fabric or Felt Placemats (available art stores or Interior decor shops)
- Dowel Wood
- Drill and Saw
- Sewing Machine, Hand Sew or Glue Gun
- Decide on shape and size for your wall-hanging
- Cut it out; remember to allow a 6cm hem at the top (this will be where you will thread your dowel through.)
- Sew, hand-sew or glue seam over 3cm.
- Grab your dowel, measure the length at least 3cm longer than your wall-hanging.
- Using your saw, cut your dowel length
- Using your drill, drill a hole 1cm in from either end of your dowel
- Thread your dowel through your seam
- Thread Twine through each hole and double knot at each end.
Emma – A stylist and Insta friend of mine also made this sweet art work by framing a felt placemat. Such a fabulous and simple idea, right? You can follow her on Instagram right here.