[su_heading]A book named Shelter[/su_heading]
Thought I would capture some of the buzz around Author, Photographer and Stylist Kara Rosenlund and her book tour of “Shelter”… I received my signed copy in the post this week – I am going to call it in early by saying, this book will be a huge seller… I just know it.
I am yet to spend some good quality – tea – drinking – time absorbing this book however so far I am enjoying the following;
- the photography is divine and the words, infectious.
- I’m also loving hearing about Kara’s adventures, the stories and the characters behind each home… it’s enchanting!
As a woman, it also highlights how bloody – brave she is! So strong and courageous for;
- weathering the ups and downs of a road-trip completely alone.
- And for toughing it out by staying on a remote island in Tasmania all by herself (and loving it- I might add).
- And lastly for really, putting herself out there by meeting complete strangers – inviting herself into their homes and magically capturing the essence of their world. Kara is the real deal… believe we have a modern day adventurer in our midst!
It’s the kind of book that I would proudly perch on my book shelf for many years to come because it captures the magic of real people, their lives and homes. Beautiful work Kara… I am so enjoying seeing you and your book shine. You can grab your own advanced copy right here.